Thursday 4 November 2010

Streetlife FM - Waltham Forest




Another great start to the month, today, I was invited by Gillian Lawrence as a guest on Streetlifefm radio show, with presenter Mary Blue, based at a new space in Waltham Forest College, East London.

I have to admit I love participating in radio shows; its the spontaneity that inspires me, and this community show was fun! I even got to select a playlist of 3 of my favourite songs, which included Exodus by Bob Marley and two tracks from The Diary of Alicia Keys CD (If I was your woman; If I ain't got you).

My slot lasted about 25 minutes and included me discussing my background as a writer/poet and reading extracts from my book Hair Power Skin Revolution's poems: My Hair and Lost for Words.

As luck would have it, I have been invited to appear on Mary Blue's show again on Thursday, 2nd December. Watch this space...

Photos courtesy of Gillian Lawrence in ascending order:

Nicole Moore & Mary Blue
Nicole Moore

For more info about Streetlifefm visit:


2 comments:

  1. Silver Sounder,'Mary Katherine presents' previously 'Mary Blue' is a radio show for seniors in our community streamed online at
    www.Streetlifefm.com
    Gillian, researcher and co-presenter, had heard Nicole on BBC Radio 4 and other radio shows so decided Streetlife needed her as a guest. What fun we had indeed.Nicole is a writer and entrepreneur so we were nervous what with not even having a green room in which she could relax.From the interview and our experience we know Nicole will get to read her work in other Waltham Forest venues.( There's a winter spirit event coming up soon in Walthamstow). We also invited Nicole back by popular demand! Nice photos heh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mary, thanks for your inspiring comments - looking forward to seeing you again on
    2nd December for some more spoken words radio vibes!

    ReplyDelete