Thursday 9 October 2008

Exploring Black Sexuality



Today I received a copy of Trespass Magazine, NOIR edition, October/November 2008, which published a five page feature I wrote called, ‘Exploring Black Sexuality’. This is the sixth issue of Trespass and final one for this year. In this NOIR issue, the magazine includes features, poetry, art, short stories and an interview.

My feature discusses Black British women’s sexuality using personal perspectives and drawing reference to those contributions within my anthology Sexual Attraction Revealed: a selection of creative expressions by black and mixed-race women (2007). I was particularly pleased to see my feature published with images from Adelaide Damoah, best known for her 2006 exhibition Black Brits. http://www.damoaharts.com/

It always feels good to see your work in print and I must admit that I thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience, from sounding out my ideas with the magazine’s editor, Sara-Mae Tuson, whose editing expertise was extremely helpful and enlightening, to discussing my ideas with my writing colleagues.

For more information about Trespass Magazine visit:

http://www.trespassmagazine.co.uk/

TRESPASS 'NOIR' LAUNCH!
Trespass magazine is launching its 6 and final issue of the year at the marvellous Cross Kings. With poets, performance artists and a bit of musical madness as well - you'll not want to miss it.

Date: Wednesday 5th November

Time: 7.30pm
Venue: The Cross Kings, 126 York Way
London, N1 OAX
Entry fee: £3
Contact: Sara-Mae admin@trespassmagazine.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment